Monday, October 22, 2012

Is my foot bleeding? Why no sir. no it is not. TRANSLATION: Ina's feet are too beautiful to be neglected....

Ok. Okayyyyy. so you're sick of Tokyo stories. TOOOO BAD for you. push the back button...ps. I think you're lame. (I have no idea why I feel so defensive today.)

So whilst on my fabulous third trip to Japan. (I love it there, in case you didn't know....in which case how are you my friend?) Ina and myself decided to revisit the beautiful structure called the Tokyo Dome and explore without ceasing it's endless caverns of shops and hello kitty merchandise....

And of course we had to eat. The following event occurred whilst we were trying to have a meal.

Ina and I ordered our Delicious Japanese meals and headed to stare at the passersby at the counter by the window. Where we were sitting resembled a food court....oh for heaven's sake it was a food court.
(so pretentious.)

As we stared into the crowd of teens wearing clothes 10 sizes too big...(why is this ok for a Japanese uniform?) and men on bicycles. I became aware of a presence near ours. Call it a premonition or call it seeing his shadow hang over my bowl of ramen...whatever.

Some Japanese fellow had ambled over to us in a rock step manner and was pointing with fierce determination at Ina's delicate feet.
Since I was sitting next to Ina, I cannot accurately describe the scene as it occurred. My eyes are on the front of my face and do not rest on the sides of my temples. (how terrifying would that be?? Horse people...everywhere horse people...)

Here is what I observed in the most scientific of manner.
Subject A: Japanese man in his 30's bending over and touching Ina's big toe.
Subject B: Ina staring in disbelief and confusion as she tried to find her non-existent injury.
Subject C: Japanese college student sitting near Ina looking to Ina's feet in confusion, then mortification.
Subject D: that's me glancing toward the window and pretending to not understand what was occurring. Pretending?.... there was no pretending.

When subject A, (the Japanese man with an interest in Ina's delicate flower feet moved away). I turned to Ina in an attempt to understand the events I had witnessed.

"Is he gone?" She whispered.
"uh...sure." I said. Confession: I didn't actually look.
"Good." Ina breathed and pulled something off her foot. I stared perplexed at the Anime band aid. now destroyed by Ina's vehemence to remove it. The character was no longer smiling on it's pink surface.
"What happened?" I asked.
"He pointed to my foot, like I was bleeding. So I looked at it. Then he put this!" she gestured to the band aid. "On my big toe."
I coughed back on my noodles. "Uh, why?"
Ina stared in confusion, "I think he just wanted to touch my feet."
I narrowed my eyes and looked around suspiciously, trying to see if subject A(band aid weirdo) was anywhere close. He had disappeared just as quickly as he had come. Like smoke, in the Tokyo dome. in the cafeteria. in the food court (....that cannot sound eloquent).



I googled "Horse people" for my own amusement and one of the first suggestions that popped up in the dialogue box was "Horse dating people"....I feel dirty. >.<
The following image isn't even close to what I wanted to find on the Internet....oh well. since when has Yahoo search not disappointed me.



and I also found this image....this perhaps is your reaction to my story.... mostly I like yoda...

No comments:

Post a Comment