Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Number NINE

This story is important to express for Oh SO Many Reasons. The main being that I have a few spare moments to reminisce and laugh over the tragic events within. I'm entitling this work(because the thought alone is work) number NINE. Read on, oh intrigued reader. (I've changed names to protect the innocent...not entirely sure if that's even applicable.)

So It started last summer when I went home to my brother's wedding. I sat on a plane for over 14 hours and made no conversation to the attractive Korean beside me. When I finally decided that 7 hours was long enough to break the ice, he had fallen asleep. I stared angrily at his sleeping face for the next 7.

Long story short....I decided that out of the population of Korea, that I could find the one sleeping Korean on Facebook. Yes....And hereby I stumbled on a profile, added a friend, and met a completely RANDOM and strange Korean that I  had coffee with.

Whew.
Let's call him: Mr. Fashion. I want so much to share his real name but I'm afraid he may read and recognize the story...
Mr. Fashion and I talked for a while over Facebook. Such is life and a dangerous one at that. He suggested meeting, but only with the company of his friend because he is a "shy boy." Lollers.
So I naturally took Sarah and we sat in Angel-in-us across from these two gentlemen (why do I use such grand words? There is no need.) Fashion introduced his friend as THE NUMBER NINE. can I write that again? Can you feel the incredulity spilling from my fingertips onto the computer and into the website? THE NUMBER NINE. Yes. I had so many thoughts upon hearing this. I asked "Sarah why is He a number?"
Why has he chosen a numeric value over an English name like Stephen? What DOES it mean? If he has a brother is his name EIGHT? Does he marry a woman named TEN and added together have NINETEEN children? Then what are their names? But alas....there is not an answer. least not one that I take seriously...and since this is my blog...

Mr. Fashion is appropriately named. Just guess his career choice. Also you should know...Pictures truth do not equal. During the course of the ridiculous encounter NUMBER NINE stared out the window and mumbled nonsensical answers to our questions. Fashion asked us questions ranging from clubbing to america . Sarah being the kind hearted person   supplied questions to fill in the conversations inevitable holes. One of the questions asked involved illegality. I will not re-post the question, for fear of government and school monitoring. (sarah's fears have infiltrated my brain.) So let me phrase it like this:

"Do you eat wood?"
Sarah and me staring blankly. "Uh no."
Sarah with brows raised, "Have you?"
"Of course!"

I was trying to keep my composure the entire evening. I decide to ask Numero Nueve a direct question.
"what are you thinking?" I say conversationally.
I didn't hear his answer, but Sarah choked on her Frappee (hazardus these Korean men) at his response.
"You're so beautiful." was his reply. (I'm not sure if I believe or want to believe Hanka's hearing abilities.)

Then at the height of conversation a group of Koreans were laughing loudly next to us. 9 has remained silent for most of the evening aside from murmuring words like "special....ok....good....thanks...and you" as if they were magical incantations. Fashion said, 'they are are noisy.'
"yeah....noisy" Sarah and I responded. My responses had started to become like rainman. Mechanical and mumbled...maybe I had caught it from NiNe.
That was when Nine cracked. There are a couple of things in this world that this numerical value can't handle...1 being noisy people.
"SHUT UP B*tch!" Nine yelled. Can you imagine the incredible hulk, slamming his hand on the table? Well it wasn't that. It was more like Paddington Bear being angry.
Anyway the table stopped but since they were Korean and those where English words, they went back to their loud antics.

We left but the two men asked to meet again! I believe the question was "When you're free...lets go club? ok?"
 No. ok.

Sarah on the walk back home , "What just happened?"
"I have no idea." And it's the truth.

NOTE: ( I put in an astrid because I believe that my family may read this and become offended. Maybe I should have written (shut up female canine!)

Note # 2: Every once in a while, Fashion updates his life. With albums entitled "Simply (Actual name)" Or "me and my apartment"....in which there is no apartment and only him...



No comments:

Post a Comment