Monday, November 12, 2012

James Bond...aka Creeping around

I'm a little ashamed to write this....Ashamed it took me so long! teeheee. take that to the bank.cash it in. Bam. money.

During our time in Japanland, Ina and myself decided that we would do the following, in a very James Bond manner (NO I DID NOT SEE your beloved SKYFALL, stop asking!) maybe it's better to name it after Boris and Natasha. (IF you don't know who they are....we are not friends.)

Our plan:
1. find Johnny's entertainment
2. sit outside and wait for Japanese Celebs to see us from the upstairs window, come outside and invite us in for sake. (maybe not sake...that's gross) I would take a soda...or koala bites...mmmmonononononon.

Koalllaaaaaaaa........

There is most likely some rule against this written in some obscure corner of the internet...e.g. a Japanese website. (I'm telling you what I don't know. helps me.)

Of course for our mission we were dressed in the most inconspicuous of manner....a bright pink
 t-shirt(myself) and a orange sweater(Ina).And the fact that we are the color of paper, helps us blend in considerably well. Well camouflaged indeedy.

We mapped out our route...aka got directions from the hostel manager..and headed out.  40 minutes later we had arrived at our "destination." 
Curious that we couldn't find it... 40 minutes, 8 consultations of different street maps, and  of course following random attractive men that seemed idol-esc (here this means perfect hair, white teeth and nice clothes) later we realized that we had turned the wrong direction out of the subway.


And at long last we came upon J& A entertainment....Behold it's.....











ERRRRRR glory????
This was the place that birthed the grand concerts that filled the tokyo dome???? This is where my OMA sat in meetings? INCONCEIVABLE !!!!! It was an unimpressive little building with a blue sign and several serious valets/drivers who appeared to have nothing better to do than to scowl at us and get in and out of their identical cars.


























So you better understand our day....I made an accurate log. Read on read on.

Data entry Log: 10-1-2012 time: 11:55 am
1. Driver #1 parks his car, and disappears inside.

2. Errand boy runs to the drug store across the street. (HOW CAN I WORK IN THIS DRUG STORE????????? me want.)
3. Driver #1 exits and parks his car across the street (in front of us) scowls at us.
4. Errand boy emerges from the Drug store with 1 bottle of water. Disappears back into J &A entertainment.
5. Driver #2 parks his car, goes inside
6. Errand boy goes up the street for a jaunt and back into the Drug store.
7. Driver #2 moves his car across the street not forgetting to SCOWL at us.(we were most defo breaking rules)
8.Errand boy comes out of the Drug store with again only ONE SINGLE BOTTLE OF WATER.

This routine must have happened a dozen times within the (cough) 3 hours we sat across the street (yes we were afraid of the small men)
The weirdest part was(no not the 2 white girls drinking soda and staring at the entertainment company) that the  ERRAND boy only bought one bottle each time.

Ina and myself did finally give up on the greatest spy mission ever....and decided to (GASP) walk across the street and on the sidewalk in front of the actual entertainment co.

It was then that the ERRAND BOY appeared  possibly coming from the.... DRUG store...
Ina grasped my hand in excitement.
"I'm gonna say hi" she squealed.
oh dear. 
It is fortunate that my lovely friend Ina did not do her normal Japanland greeting, which had over the course of our trip developed into her doing little hops, waving her arms in a birdy fashion and saying a very slow "heeeeelllloooo"
(I love you friend. from the bottom of my heart.)


"Hellllllooooo!" Ina said as ERRAND boy passed.
ERRAND BOY could/would not be bothered with any formalities of politeness, and SCOWLED at INA (I think this is taught in training at J &A entertainment). And he must have practiced his frowny face in the mirror...truly a work of art.










Ina stared helplessly after ERRAND boy as his determined steps carried him farther away from her.(or to the drug store)
"Bye." she whispered in defeat.
Ina turned to give me  a big puppy dog frown. "That was mean."
Unable to contain myself I giggled and linked my arm in hers.  "He had important things to do."
"Like what?"
"Like buying another bottle of water....never occurred to him to buy more than one." 


ok I give in...
Boris and Natasha

At one point we did sneak around back to find yet another unexciting setting....


yeah.....J&A they live it up big!

No comments:

Post a Comment