Thursday, November 29, 2012

Holy CATS! I'm glad I woke up.

For a few days I have been wracking my brain to think of something humorous to write. Dear me...my brain works terribly and in strange concentric rambling circles. (is that possible...)


Here is a snip it of my brains inner workings: ...Hugs, hugs,hugs...I hate that student..Japan...what is new in japan?....Holy CATS! why did I look up what is new in japan?....NEW JENNA MARBLES!...puppies! kitties!!! frowny CAT! lolllllcats....
image
allow me to introduce you to a major time waster...i.e. frowny cat.














Anyway. Luckily, I came up with a story of a true event that happened in my apartment about 2 weeks ago.  And it must start with a confession: sigh....here we go.

I AM A SLEEPWALKER.

The cabinet of Dr. Caligari....
sleepwalking in all it's terror
I know you are squinting your eyes in disbelief. You didn't know but don't feel down on yourself friend.  I too,  for a large portion of my life I lived obvious to these escapades of Nocturnal weirdness. (that reads oddly...but I'm not changing it  hmph!)
 If you did, bad for you, because it means I did something very strange around you during the period of time reserved for dreamland.


Previous events include but are not limited to:

1. walking down the hallway to stare at my brother while he is sleeping and leaving only after he has awoken to his creepy sister leering in the doorway.
2. Slumping in my roommates door frame to tell her that there is  a "ghost man" in my room.
3. Trying to escape the hotel room but being unable to because the chain is still on the door.
4. Hitting the side of the bunk-bed whilst angrily shouting, "Hey! HEY! HEY YOU!" While my roommate in fear for her life hid beneath the covers.
5. Switching a lamp on and off and declaring it defective.






So the event that unraveled in my apartment is a little hazy, misty and jumbled....but unfortunately it happened.


When I sleepwalk I can sometimes be partially be aware of events but have no control. intrigued??? ready for an opportunity to laugh at me and say "YOU're SOOOOO weird." well I'm a people pleaser so here you are.

Sometime during my sleep I became convinced, ABSOLUTELY CONVINCED that the following was true:

1st that I was on vacation in America
2nd I had to be back to Korea on Monday
3rd it was Sunday.

I awoke some time later to find the GLOWING SCREEN of my COMPUTER staring at me as I was sitting in an upright position. Which in half dream sleep, I closed and fell back into a foggy sleep.

I cannot remember my exact actions but I will conclude that the following had to happen.

So in complete, blind and entirely irrational panic I had, OPENED MY LAPTOP.
Entered my password. this takes some doing...I pride myself on my password strength. even I sometimes don't know it.






Loaded the internet page for EXPEDIA....and attempted to book a flight from AMERICA to KOREA.

It was during the destination page that I became confused as to what exactly I was doing and became a little lucid.

CUE the wake up.

Now. how fortunate it is that I could not figure out the internet enough to enter a credit card number. I mean SERIOUSLY. I don't think I was lucid enough to think of trip insurance. in which case there would have been a large charge on my credit card...that I would be weeping over for months to come. I am breathing a sigh of UTTER RELIEF!!!
this would have been me.








and there you go. I am a WEIRDO who likes trolling the airlines for flights in her sleep.






1 comment:

  1. Faithy..................wat?
    :)
    Hahahaha
    I mean seriously. I remember half of those sleepwalking things!! Except for yelling at your roommate...because I wasn't there. But I remember the other ones!

    ReplyDelete